Company Accountantin Alcove Jobs section
Role Title: Company Accountant
Reporting to: CEO
Contract Length: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 30 hours a week, Flexible working
Location: East of England/Home (Ideally working from Alcove’s Colchester or London office) but home working 2/3 days a week most of the time
Start Date: ASAP
Alcove - Help us keep elderly and vulnerable people safer and better connected by using digital technology
Alcove (www.youralcove.com) is a market leader in assisted care assisted technology that is disrupting social care by embracing technology and using connected, smart technologies to keep elderly and vulnerable people safe and better connected whilst allowing them to remain independent in their home. By installing sensor-based technologies within individuals’ homes, the health and well-being of vulnerable residents can be better monitored remotely, leading to potential problems being identified earlier.
We specialise in delivering connected care technology for local authorities, the NHS, housing associations and sheltered accommodation providers across the country. We are the market leader in data led, digital connected care technology in the UK and are scaling rapidly in the country.
As a growing, transforming and ever-changing business, Alcove are very proud of the first class services we provide and as such we are looking to recruit a Company Accountant, ideally based in our lovely Colchester office, whom will successfully provide a hands on role as well as bringing experience and expertise.
1) Preparing the first draft monthly accounts, budgets and cashflow forecasting.
2) Preparing the draft VAT returns etc
3) Reporting on profitability by revenue stream
4) Managing all outgoing payments
5) Managing payroll reporting.
6) Responsibility for ensuring the accounts team have completed weekly bank reconciliations.
7) Responsibility for ensuring the day to day invoicing and credits have been notified accurately
8) Managing expenses claims
9) Assisting with companies house compliance
10) Assist the CEO to prepare business plans and pricing models
11) AP / AR
12) Liaising with our outsourced Accountant for Year End Stat accounts.
13) Providing technical support for customers ranging from user support through to fault resolution
Skills & Qualities:
- Formal accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Highly Proficient in Excel – financial modelling, business modelling
- Experience of XERO essential
- SME Experience advantageous but not essential
- Experience of Salesforce Ecosystem advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Curious, wanting to investigate and dig into areas that need fixing and improving
- Have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate with colleagues and customers
- Pragmatic, self-motivated and goal oriented
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment
- Happy to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience of Shopify, Stripe & ReCharge advantageous
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Interested applicants please send your CV & covering letter to - firstname.lastname@example.org