WCIT Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award WINNERS 2016in News section
We are over excited to announce that Hellen Bowey and Alcove won the Social Entrepreneur of the Year award last night. The Worshipful Company of Information Technologists Enterprise Awards Dinner was initiated by Liveryman John O’Connell in 2011. 2016 was the sixth successful event and attracted a full house of 300 guests celebrating some of the most successful technology entrepreneurs in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The evening’s event and awards were sponsored by members of the Livery Company and associates.
This year, ScaleUp Group, an advisor and backer to successful, growing technology businesses, and Questers, a multi-location strategic IT provider were co-sponsors. Our other co-sponsors were Sage; Silverpeak; TechMarketView and Smith & Williamson. We are supported by techUK; Whiteoaks PR and the Innovation Warehouse.
The Award categories were as follows:
- Young Entrepreneur - for entrepreneurs under 30s
- Evergreen Entrepreneur - for founders who started their business aged 50 or over;
- Emerging Entrepreneur – up to £1 million annual revenue;
- Developing Entrepreneur – annual revenue between £1 and £5 million;
- Scaling Up Award – annual revenue between £5 and £10 million;
- Enterprise Entrepreneur – annual revenue over £10 million;
- Social Enterprise Entrepreneur - for entrepreneurs with a business model that gives something back
- Public Sector Award - for innovators targeting the public sector;
- Female Entrepreneur - for outstanding female entrepreneurs;
- Mentor of the Year
- And the Judges Special Award.