Alcove video carephones enable patients without access to mainstream technology to participate in virtual consultations with health professionals, and other therapeutic tasks (rehabilitation sessions, planned reviews, support for medication, checking SATs) over the secure Alcove platform.
Unique key features of the Alcove Video Carephone for the NHS are:
- Integrated hardware and software video virtual consultation solution for people without access to consumer tech and smart devices
- Simple to use device designed with and for people with little or no tech skills or experience (older people, people with mental health conditions, adults with learning disabilities)
- Point to point secure calling through the Alcove platform; only authorised callers can make and receive calls from a patient
- Including a 4G SIM means that the patient does not need any connectivity in their home to make video calls
- Plug and play solution out of the box; patient or family member can set up the device themselves supported by a member of the Alcove team
- Suite of BI dashboards to monitor usage and other metrics to support health professionals, patients, families and organisations
- In addition to connecting securely to the NHS, Alcove encourage people to connect with friends, family members and local community services – all of which mean that the patient has access to a wide range of practical and emotional help and support which helps reduce demand on NHS services and professionals.
The Alcove video carephone can helpfully complement your organisational virtual consultation tool – connecting with the significant minority who are not able to use mainstream video consultation technology.