Updated: 6th May 2021
Introduction - Alcove Limited cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our services products, websites and mobile applications (collectively, our “Services”).
What are your rights?At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, as the data subject, have the following rights:
- - Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- - Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- - Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- - Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- - Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- - Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- - Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- - Right to judicial review: if Alcove Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain.
What information we collect during purchases - Information you provide about yourself like your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and payment information.
How we use it – To allow us to complete a transaction, screen orders for fraud and risk, fulfil orders, and contact you with new products or offers
However, we also collect additional information when delivering our Services to you to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These methods of collection may not be as obvious to you, so we wanted to highlight and explain below a bit more about what these might be (as they vary from time to time) and how they work:
- - Account related information is collected in association with your use of our Services, such as account number, purchases, when products renew or expire, information requests, and customer service requests and notes or details explaining what you asked for and how we responded.
- - Data about Usage of Services is automatically collected when you use and interact with our Services, including metadata, log files, cookie/device IDs and location information. This information includes specific data about your interactions with the features, content and links (including those of third-parties, such as video and voice media plugins) contained within the Services, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data, information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and error data, and some of this data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
- - Supplemented Data may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, in which case we may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand and analyse the accuracy of our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
How we utilise information - We strongly believe in both minimising the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which we have been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase or interact with, or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. These uses include: Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing the Services we provide to you. We collect various information relating to your purchase, use and/or interactions with our Services. We utilise this information to:
- - Improve and optimise the operation and performance of our Services (again, including our websites and mobile applications)
- - Diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- - Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- - Collecting aggregate statistics about use of the Services
- - Understand and analyse how you use our Services and what products, and services are most relevant to you.
Often, much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our Services, and is not linked to any personal data, but to the extent it is itself personal data, or is linked or linkable to personal data, we treat it accordingly.
Sharing with trusted third parties - We may share your personal data with affiliated companies, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third-party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- - Processing credit card payments
- - Conducting contests or surveys
- - Communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery
- - Customer relationship management.
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
Communicating with you - We may contact you directly or through a third-party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service-related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you will find valuable if you give us consent or were allowed based upon legitimate interests. You do not need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- - Text (SMS) messages
- - Telephone calls
- - Automated phone calls or text messages.
If you believe that anyone has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests - We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you if we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
How we secure, store and retain your data - We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- - mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations.
- - for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- - needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com
Age restrictions - Our Services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 18. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
Data Protection Authority - If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority, Information Commissioner office by call the helpline on 0303 123 1113 (local rate – calls to this number cost the same as calls to 01 or 02 numbers).
If you are calling from outside the UK, you may not be able to use our 03 number, so please call +44 1625 545 700. Further contact information is available at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
In the alternative, you may contact us in writing using the following address:
- - 47 The Cartlodge Lodge Lane, Langham, Colchester, England, CO4 5NE
© Alcove 2021. Alcove Limited is a company registered in England and Wales number 09076735